Sunday, November 14, 2010

Spicy Chicken Soup

One of the many qualities of a true domestic diva is resourcefulness - a quality that I am currently attempting to learn and appreciate.
As of today I have been a wife for a whopping 107 days and let me tell you that my biggest frustrations all stem from budgeting. Plain and simple it has been hard to go from just looking out for myself with the money I received from my parents to using the money my husband gives me and make the most of it at the grocery store. I have found that one of the easiest ways to combine left over ingredients of any variety is to make a soup out of them. The following is a recipe for one of the many versions I make - thankfully with the cold weather months approaching I'll be able to use this trick a lot!


Here's what you're going to need:


3 chicken breasts - butterflied and cut into strips
4 zucchini - halved lengthwise and sliced into half-moons
5 roma tomatoes - quartered
4-6 cloves of garlic - minced
2 cups of corn - fresh or canned
6 or so cups of chicken broth
1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce diced (optional)salt and pepper to tatse
plenty of olive oil

You can start by turning your crockpot onto high and covering the bottom in olive oil. Add the minced garlic and let it saute for a few minutes. Then add the chicken, zucchini, tomatoes, corn and the chipotle peppers if desired then cover it all with the chicken broth and cover with the lid. Once everything is in the crockpot, cook on high for 4 hours then enjoy!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. YUM, YUM, and YUM! I cant wait to make this. Im going to leave out the peppers and I bet Will is going to gobble this down! Awesome job missy!

    ReplyDelete