Friday, November 12, 2010

Birthday Gift--Kittens In A Box!

My baby sister, Cathlyn just turned 15, and for her big "Driver's Permit" birthday, I decided to make her some yummy birthday treats! Cathlyn and I are BOTH Gluten Free, so I had a really fun time baking for her (because I could nibble as I worked!) Cathlyn loves our cats Button and Sundae at home, so I decided to give her a box of kittens for her birthday!
Aren't they so cute?! I was checking out facebook when I came across this picture! I LOVE baking, especially cupcakes! And thanks to the books "Hello, Cupcake" and "What's New, Cupcake?" I am able to take my baking skills to the next level!!

Preparation time: 2.5 hours



To make these, I used Betty Crocker GF cake mix (because I was in a hurry!), but I was really surprised how tasty they were! The eyes are m&m's with licorice laces, the muzzles are made up of two mentos and the noses are cherry runts (it's in the shape of a heart!) The tongues (my favorite part!) are cherry starbursts rolled out!

The paws are made out of marshmallows cut in half with black icing for the claws, and the fishbones are made out of white chocolate! These little kitties made for a fun and tasty treat!

For this recipe and more cute ideas, check out "Hello, Cupcake!"

I hope everyone has a FABULOUS weekend! Franklin is coming into town to see me and the whole Jones clan is driving up to Waco to watch the Baylor/A&M game!! Sic 'em BEARS!!!
xoxo
Chandler

1 comment:

  1. These are the cutest things I have ever seen. What a great idea. What kid or adult for that matter, would not love these. Cute blog! I hope you will come and check out my blog and follow along. Be blessed and keep on cooking!

    ReplyDelete