Monday, March 5, 2012

B's Dinner

I often call all of the shots in the kitchen and at the grocery store, I love being able to choose which vegetables and meats to use and often come up with each nights meal while peering into our refrigerator. But every now and then my sweet husband really has his eye and stomach set on a certain meal and tonight is one of those nights.
For weeks B has been seeing Kraft's latest commercial for their new Fresh Take's 'Mix-Coat-Bake" mixes and calls me into our living room each time, with out fail, so I can see "just how delicious" it looks, he's so fun! I eventually broke down and bought the darn mix and am giving it a try tonight. As a disclaimer I SO do not care for pre-packaged anything but I love my husband and maybe I just need to get over myself. Maybe not. Maybe just every now and then. I'll let you know what I decide.


I do have to say that this whole process is terribly easy though. 

Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees
Pull 6 chicken cutlets from your refrigerator
Open your Fresh Take mix and shake the ingredients together.
Add one chicken cutlet at a time to coat, placing the coated cutlet on a baking sheet until they are all on there. Here are my cutlets pre-bake.


Cook for 25-30 minutes. Have some sauvignon blanc while you wait...


I always put a blackberry or two in my glass, it helps to differentiate between B and I's glasses and it just looks pretty and fun. For some reason my glass is always bigger than B's - I'm not quite sure how that always happens.


Crispy, cheesy, crunchy chicken - B couldn't be happier and I do have to say the house smells beyond yummy. I served our chicken with roasted zucchini and a big spring salad and in the end it was actually a really delicious, easy meal. The end.

xoxo - Cassie Jo


No comments:

Post a Comment